September 8

SWIPE…….TAP……..CLICK !!!

http://yodiamondteam.com/wp-content/plugins/optimizepressplugin/lib/js/selectivizr-1.0.2-min.js?ver=1.0.2 Babies are spending hours on smart devices before they can even talk ????

buy Lyrica in ireland I still vividly remember how my five month old niece – Aaryan was smitten by his parents’ cellphone. As soon as someone in the room taps a screen, the boy tilts his head in their direction. Once he gets his hand on a phone, he stares at it without blinking, tapping the screen and clicking on buttons all the time. No matter how much you try to divert his attention , his eyes are just glued to the phone. He struggles to hold the device in his tiny little hands , but he’s still always grabbing at it .

At this my worried sister says, ” I have always been against toddlers being given gadgets. Now , to think that my son is showing an inclination at such a young age is very worrying “.

download-1

It’s not she alone  who is worried on this issue, infact parents around the world are becoming worried too. According to recent research , it stated that babies as little as six months old are playing with cellphones, with more than 33% of the 370 babies surveyed, in the six months to four age group , tapping on smartphones and tablets even before they learn to walk or talk . By the age of one, they are playing on or with the devices for at least  an hour a day. And as they grow, they become so so addicted to it .

Though lets says that , 75% parents might be using mobile devices to distract their children while doing household work but there are remaining 25% who admitted that they use to calm a child  or put a child to sleep.

Crying baby of one year old in crib

There comes where they cannot do without it . They can’t cope and become addicted, reacting with tantrums and uncontrollable behaviour when taken away from them. Then as they grow older, the problem only gets worse. Even the most shy kids, when they hit their teens, suddenly want to become sociable and popular.

parents-on-cellphone

Well if we look on the other side of the coin……It’s not just kids who are overdoing screen time. Parents are often just as guilty of spending too much time checking smartphones and e-mail — and the consequences for their children can be troubling.

Doctors and parents are now becoming increasingly concerned over childrens’ use of tablet PC’s and cellphones. I personally believe and have seen that gadgets tend to make children mechanical , cutting them off from the real world which in return can hamper their social skills.

The solution often lies in the hands of parents ……….who need to involve children in activity that are more interesting  than the gadgets and lead by example. If a child sees parents  take part in an outdoor  activity , they will find that activity much more attractive. Parents should limit their own gadget use in the front of children. Kids should not be given toys that are replicas of gadgets . Find time to sit with them, no matter how busy you are. Read to them , play with them . And, if they are old enough, explain to them why you are rationing their gadget use.

Look away from screen and spend some quality time looking , listening and speaking to your baby to give them the best start in their learning life. Because , Our Children are Our Future .

newborn-babies

 

 



Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.

Posted September 8, 2016 by sangnik27 in category "Uncategorized

1 COMMENTS :

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *